problem startup service, event server monitor, mgt console

Formally known as "Mercator Inside Integrator 6.7", DataStage TX enables high-volume, complex transactions without the need for additional coding.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

MC
Participant

problem startup service, event server monitor, mgt console

Post by MC »

Hi all,

I could not startup my management console and event monitor, but my mercator service is running. The management console show connection:refused. The event server is connected to particular job but the event server monitor look like not running.

Help, i need some guide and help in how to solve this problem.

:twisted:
:roll:
:shock:
:idea: :?: :!:
MC
jvmerc
Participant

Post by jvmerc »

Usually it happens when your msl file is not in sync with your mmc files. Either a pathing or card problem.

For anything prior to 7.n You should be able to create a launcher.txt file. If you already create it look at the last entries.... If not you can turn it on via the mercator.ini file. Point it to the path you desire and turn on the settings for errors, warnings etc...

The last entries in the file usually give an indication of the problem.

Another option for you is to use the debug option from the management console. It overrides the launcher file and creates some log filen in the 'install_folder\logs'. You'll need to review all of the files updated around the time you attempted to start file console.

One of the most common issues here is when the resource registry has been updated but the windows service hasn't been restarted.
jvmerc
Participant

Post by jvmerc »

PS: also confirm that your port settings, ID and PW haven't changed for the tool.
MC
Participant

Map Error Code 13 in management console

Post by MC »

Hi All,

I found this error message 13 in management console,
any expert can explain to me what does it mean? Thank You.
MC
MC
Participant

Post by MC »

to JvMerc

Thank you for your help,

My management console can run, but got error.
MC
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Do you have the relevant port numbers blocked with firewall software or similar?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
janhess
Participant

Post by janhess »

I think we need more details of the error message. What operating system are you running under? Is the event server running correctly and processing jobs?
boblopez1
Participant

Re: Map Error Code 13 in management console

Post by boblopez1 »

MC wrote:Hi All,

I found this error message 13 in management console,
any expert can explain to me what does it mean? Thank You.

Just to confirm that's message "13 Could not open work files"? is that correct, look at your launcher.txt file and search for "Startup" if you have any invalid work file settings, traces/logs should be shown there as well. In the EventServer logs is it finding your *.msl files?

well without further information this is my 2 cents worth.