Complex XML output generation

Formally known as "Mercator Inside Integrator 6.7", DataStage TX enables high-volume, complex transactions without the need for additional coding.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

Paul M
Participant

Complex XML output generation

Post by Paul M »

I'm trying to write complex XML output using the XML output stage. The information comes from different tables (customer, address, contacts = phone numbers). Since addresses and telephone numbers can be mutiple for 1 customer, they must appear in repeating groups in the XML.
My question: how do I produce such an output? Given 1 customer, I could do a lookup for the addresses, but then I could get multiple results in the lookup, how do I merge them into the main customer flow to get 1 XML output message? Anyone with a good suggestion?

Thanks in advance, Paul Mulder
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard, Paul.

Can you please confirm that you are using DataStage TX (also known as Mercator, also known as "transformation extender")? If you are using some other variant of DataStage, the answer will be completely different.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Paul M
Participant

Post by Paul M »

OK Ray, I guess I've posted this message in the wrong forum. I just use Ascential Datastage 7.5 with XML extention package. I'll try to find the right forum, thanks for your hint.