Importing table definitions from sql server 7 into Datastage

Archive of postings to DataStageUsers@Oliver.com. This forum intended only as a reference and cannot be posted to.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

admin

Importing table definitions from sql server 7 into Datastage

Post by admin »

This is a topic for an orphaned message.
admin

Post by admin »

You might need to configure the SQL server DSN to point to a default database. When reading from a SQL Server ODBC stage, you can specify the database, but when importing with Manager, you cant. It only seems to look at the default database set in the ODBC DSN definition. We are also using 3.5. I dont know if this ODBC meta-data import has been improved in later versions.

If this response does not make sense, let me know and Ill provide more detail.

David Barham
Information Technology Consultant
CoalMIS Project
Anglo Coal Australia Pty Ltd
Brisbane, Australia

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, 7 August 2000 21:41
To: informix-datastage@oliver.com
Subject: Importing table definitions from sql server 7 into
Datastage ( 3.5)

I have create on the datastage server a system dns to connect to the sql sever which I have tested and it does work.

The problem that I have , is that when I go into manager - tools , import , odbc table definitions - the server logs me in but does not display any tables or files. I have also tick the box show system tables.

Is there perhaps a problem with the dsn setup or is their something else that I should set up on Datastage.

N.B: I can transfer data from datastage to the sql server.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail may contain confidential information and is intended only for the use of the recipient named above. Should you receive this e-mail in error, please forward it to dmaharaj@netcare.co.za and delete from your in-box. Any disclosure, copying, distribution or action on the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited

Doshian Maharaj
TEL : 482 - 7202

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in
error, please notify the sender by return e-mail, and delete this e-mail from your in-box. Do not copy it to anybody else