Importing table definitions from sql server 7 into Datastage

Archive of postings to DataStageUsers@Oliver.com. This forum intended only as a reference and cannot be posted to.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

admin

Importing table definitions from sql server 7 into Datastage

Post by admin »

This is a topic for an orphaned message.
admin

Post by admin »

Mark Griffin
AMP Sr. Application Developer
Data Warehouse Systems
CIGNA Healthcare
Two College Park Drive, 454
Hooksett, NH 03106
Phone: 603-430-7610
603-268-7239
Fax: 603-268-7909
email: griffimk@hlthsrc.com

>>> dmaharaj@netcare.co.za 08/07 7:41 AM >>>
I have create on the datastage server a system dns to connect to the sql sever which I have tested and it does work.

The problem that I have , is that when I go into manager - tools , import , odbc table definitions - the server logs me in but does not display any tables or files. I have also tick the box show system tables.

Is there perhaps a problem with the dsn setup or is their something else that I should set up on Datastage.

N.B: I can transfer data from datastage to the sql server.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail may contain confidential information and is intended only for the use of the recipient named above. Should you receive this e-mail in error, please forward it to dmaharaj@netcare.co.za and delete from your in-box. Any disclosure, copying, distribution or action on the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited

Doshian Maharaj
TEL : 482 - 7202

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by e-mail at the address shown. This e-mail transmission may contain confidential information. This information is intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity of whom it is intended even if addressed incorrectly. Please delete from your files if you are not the intended recipient. Thank you for your compliance.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++