Informix participation

Archive of postings to DataStageUsers@Oliver.com. This forum intended only as a reference and cannot be posted to.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

admin

Informix participation

Post by admin »

Hi Ray,

Do you know if anyone from Development/Engineering monitors this group. It would be great if someone participated, so that they can listen to/inform us of development direction. I know the sales and marketing guys would probably hate this. But we are the people really using the product, and therefore I would hope have some insight into the issues we face, and how annoying some features are/ or lack thereof.

I maybe wrong but containers may be an example. In the field they do not really do much, (similarly but to a lesser extent do data elements), whereas in engineering they probably looked like GREAT ideas, where in fact some of the other things that we as a group have asked for may provide better returns. (Satisifed customers/consultants/developers).

I know we as a group appreciate your and Arnds responses, and anyone else from Informix I have missed.

Maybe we could create a list over a certain period of time. And then submit it to engineering/development/sales for consideration.

Phil Walker
DataStage Consultant
Project Clarity
Carter Holt Harvey Forests
DDI: 96094
MOD: 025 835 197
EMAIL: phil.walker@chh.co.nz
admin

Post by admin »

Phil,

there are a number of Informix DataStage people in different departments either participating in this forum or "lurking" and rest assured that any and all suggestions and gripes are finding their way into the product planning and engineering phases of DS development. Just because they arent vocal doesnt mean they arent there...

-Arnd.

-----Original Message-----
From: Walker, Phil (Forests Manukau) [mailto:Phil.Walker@chh.co.nz]
Sent: Thursday, November 23, 2000 00:06
To: informix-datastage@oliver.com
Subject: Informix participation

Hi Ray,

Do you know if anyone from Development/Engineering monitors this group. It would be great if someone participated, so that they can listen to/inform us of development direction. I know the sales and marketing guys would probably hate this. But we are the people really using the product, and therefore I would hope have some insight into the issues we face, and how annoying some features are/ or lack thereof.

I maybe wrong but containers may be an example. In the field they do not really do much, (similarly but to a lesser extent do data elements), whereas in engineering they probably looked like GREAT ideas, where in fact some of the other things that we as a group have asked for may provide better returns. (Satisifed customers/consultants/developers).

I know we as a group appreciate your and Arnds responses, and anyone else from Informix I have missed.

Maybe we could create a list over a certain period of time. And then submit it to engineering/development/sales for consideration.

Phil Walker
DataStage Consultant
Project Clarity
Carter Holt Harvey Forests
DDI: 96094
MOD: 025 835 197
EMAIL: phil.walker@chh.co.nz