AuditStage - LO Analysis data element lenght

This forum is in support of all issues about Data Quality regarding DataStage and other strategies.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

kntmack
Participant

AuditStage - LO Analysis data element lenght

Post by kntmack »

Hi,

Has anyone found a work around for the greater than 50 characters element not allowed for the LO analysis? I could create an exception table & modify the length and repeat the process. I was just wondering if anyone else had any ideas on this.

Thanks...
datastage
Participant

Re: AuditStage - LO Analysis data element lenght

Post by datastage »

kntmack wrote: Has anyone found a work around for the greater than 50 characters element not allowed for the LO analysis? I could create an exception table & modify the length and repeat the process. I was just wondering if anyone else had any ideas on this.
I'm about 98% sure (didn't check specifically) that L0 analysis in ProfileStage doesn't have this limitation. I can't think of any workarounds inside of AuditStage though. Not even sure why that limitation exists, can only assume its a performance issue.

That 50 character limit irks me though, I'll keep looking for workaround.
Byron Paul
WARNING: DO NOT OPERATE DATASTAGE WITHOUT ADULT SUPERVISION.

"Strange things are afoot in the reject links" - from Bill & Ted's DataStage Adventure
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You might try hacking into the underlying database and changing the data type from Text (50) to something larger. I don't know if there's any code within Audit Stage that checks a hard coded limit of 50, however.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
datastage
Participant

Post by datastage »

ray.wurlod wrote:You might try hacking into the underlying database and changing the data type from Text (50) to something larger. I don't know if there's any code within Audit Stage that checks a hard coded limit of 50, however.
Darn you Ray! Don't you hate it when work seeps into the rest of your life? I just had a dream last night that I did this! What exciting lives we lead when we have dreams about hacking into the internals of AuditStage LOL
Byron Paul
WARNING: DO NOT OPERATE DATASTAGE WITHOUT ADULT SUPERVISION.

"Strange things are afoot in the reject links" - from Bill & Ted's DataStage Adventure
kntmack
Participant

Post by kntmack »

Thanks!!
I got it. I ended up creating a filter with that field and then running the LO over that. Kinda crazy to jump thru hoops like that, but I guess they had to limit the field size at some point. Thanks for all your help!!