QualityStage 7.0

This forum is in support of all issues about Data Quality regarding DataStage and other strategies.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

ewartpm
Participant

QualityStage 7.0

Post by ewartpm »

:? How realtime can the jobs be run? I'm talking about minutes or even less and do you run the jobs using a scheduler or is there a executable that can be called to run a job/procedure?
Mark Ewart-Phipps
Centerfield Software (Pty) Ltd
Tel +27 11 462 7003
Fax +27 11 462 7392
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

You can run a QualityStage job from the command line, have a look at chapter 8 of your QualityStage User Guide for Running a job from the command line. You can also run it as a web service if you buy the real time services module. On a small volume there is no reason why it shouldn't finish in just a few seconds.

You can buy DataStage and run QualityStage jobs as a plug-in in a DataStage job. In DataStage you can use a WaitForFile stage to trigger the job when a file arrives or use the DataStage scheduler. DataStage can read from and write to just about any source to act as a wrapper around your QualityStage jobs.
gomez
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by gomez »

Can you please elaborate on how to integrate QS plugin within a DataStage Server job? How do I make my DS Server talk to QS ? What are the prerequisites ?

Thanks in advance
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

How real time do you want your job to be? If you shell out the extra money for the real time services you can have a web service consisting of a DataStage job with a QualityStage plugin that validates data as the users enter it. Sub second reponse time is not unreasonable.

You need to install the QualityStage plugin for DataStage and register it in your DataStage projects. You then need to fiddle around with the stage settings a bit until DataStage can find your QualityStage jobs.

It is quite common for jobs to be run from a third party scheduling tool just by invoking the command line dsjob. I've found QualityStage jobs run through DataStage are much easier to support then a QualityStage jobs on its own. Much better control over row counts, job control, error checking and output formats.

You may find it easier to use the DataStage "wait for file" function to run every time a new file arrives.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Vincent only alluded to the real-time interface (RTI) services that you can get from Ascential. Under this regime, your design is effectively implemented as a callable service in real time. So, for example, a data entry operator could, prior to (or as part of) committing entry of name and address data, have those data cleansed by QS (RTI). I'm sure any Ascential rep would be more than happy to field your query! :wink:
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.