Importing AccuCobol FD's

This forum is in support of all issues about Data Quality regarding DataStage and other strategies.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

ebailey
Participant

Importing AccuCobol FD's

Post by ebailey »

What is the trick to importing AccuCobol FD's? I am getting the following msg:
Convert failed Error on line 3 parse error at token:6

I've tried several different options; Code Page = to default and UTF-16(the online help says to use UTF-8 but it is not available). There are no sequence numbers to strip, and I've tried all the various file formats.

I'm FTP'ing the FD using FTP explorer. Have modified a copy of the file to omit the modification comments.

I really don't want to type all my FD's in-

Thanks!
Eleesa
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Looks like it came across something on line 3 that it couldn't handle. Could you post the first few lines of your definition file?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Have you specified the starting character column for 01 items correctly?
If not, and line 3 is your first 01 level item, this could generate this error.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

I had a similar problem with some files recently. I had to remove all comments from the code book, DataStage just couldn't recognise the * character as being a comment, and I had to create a 01 entry at the start of the book as it started at 07.

A missing 01 should give the error "File contains no table definition (01 level is not found)..."
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

When I was young ( :shock: ) and the IBM 360/20 was new ( :shock: ) the A margin was at column 8 and the B margin was at column 12.
That's it. No arguments.
<gruff>
(Should be more of it. Bring back the rope!) :lol:
</gruff>
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.