domain prep rules.

This forum is in support of all issues about Data Quality regarding DataStage and other strategies.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

nag0143
Premium Member
Premium Member

domain prep rules.

Post by nag0143 »

I have the canadian Vendors and US vendors and other international vendors Using integrity applying any pre built procedure(domain prep rules) can i do address scrubbing on the file which contains all the 3 vendors from canada,us,other. or do i need to do the address scrubbing seperately for each vendor.... i presume i have to do it seperately...if there is any way....
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

I'm only guessing here because I haven't had experience with a wide range of international addresses however the handling of locality, postcode/zipcode and country should be the same for all addresses. You could have a single set of code that handles these fields across countries.

When it comes to street it gets more complex. Different countries might have different standards for the handling of street types and abbreviations for units, floors etc.
Last edited by vmcburney on Tue Dec 02, 2003 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There is a built-in procedure called MNS (multi-national address standardization). There is also a COUNTRY rule set, that can be applied ahead of anything else to separate your data into country based on the contents of address and area fields, then individual per-country domain preprocessors can be applied to bucket the actual name, address and area items. Rules for a limited set of countries ship with INTEGRITY and I'm afraid India is not one of them. But MNS will certainly still do the separation - it handles approximately 200 countries.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
nag0143
Premium Member
Premium Member

parsing

Post by nag0143 »

Thanks,

But my address info and area information spreads between multiple fields

and i have to first parse them into name, addr, area but when i try to parse based on area using usprep domain prep rule

I can parse name, addr fields but when coming to area.. i have city, state,country,zip,pobox... how can i use the delimeters to do the parsing for these fields