New to Datastage (stored procedure question)

This forum is in support of all issues about Data Quality regarding DataStage and other strategies.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

datastageuser
Participant

New to Datastage (stored procedure question)

Post by datastageuser »

Hi!,

I am new to datastage (just going through the tutorial and the datastage developer's help). I have been able to write some simple transfromation jobs and run them.

What I want to achive:
1)Get each record from an input file
2)Call an Oracle stored procedure which would take some fields from the record, do some processing and returns another record.
3) Save this record returned in step #2 into a output file.

How would I be able to do this (use the transformer stage and perhaps create a subroutine/function) to make the call to the stored procedure using one or more fields of the input file? Or is there any other way.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This question really belongs on the ETL thread, as it's not a data quality issue. You posted this question there a couple of days ago, and got a good answer there. Why did you post here?

The simple answer - assuming you're constructing a server job - is that you import the stored procedure definition into DataStage, set up a reference input link into a Transformer stage, and call the stored procedure from an ODBC stage or an OCI stage on that link.