L0-Domain Analysis Menu

This forum is in support of all issues about Data Quality regarding DataStage and other strategies.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

zhaicaibing
Participant

L0-Domain Analysis Menu

Post by zhaicaibing »

Hi,

I am using Quality Manager, MENU Analysis->L0-Domain Analysis. In the L0-Analysis Window, the table is on the left side and the column of the table is on the right side. We can add the columns we wanted to analyse to the bottom.

My problem is that after choosing the table on the left side, the columns are not shown on the right side. Sometime it shows all the columns (which is supposed to be); sometime it shows some but not all the columns; sometime it does not show any column at all.

Please tell me whether it is a bug or something else.

Cheers,
Cai Bing
timwalsh
Participant

L0-Domain Analysis Menu

Post by timwalsh »

I find Quality Manager to be a bit quirky.
What are the data types for the fields that keep disappearing? Sometimes quality manager does not like to recognize Varchar(255) text fields.

Do you have access to MetaRecon (ProfileStage). I find that it is much better to work with, especially for profiling like L0-Domain analysis.

Tim
zhaicaibing
Participant

L0-Domain Analysis Menu

Post by zhaicaibing »

Hi, thanks for your reply.
The datatype in Ms. Access show as text.

OK, I will try Meta Recon.

Does it mean in Quality Manager, we cannot attach (link) a text file?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Have you tried accessing the text file through the ODBC driver for text files? This may yield better, if slower, results in the L0 phase of analysis, which must perforce select all rows.