Loading Datas from CRM system to EPM System

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bgs_vb
Premium Member
Premium Member

Loading Datas from CRM system to EPM System

Post by bgs_vb »

Hi All,

I am fresh to DataStage, I'm working on a protocol on moving the datas from peoplsoft CRM transaction system to peoplesoft EPM system. DataStage is delivered with EPM and jobs are also delivered

Anyone with such experience could help me out.

Thanks,
Vindy
Andal
Participant

Post by Andal »

Hi Vindy,

I hope , EPM jobs would be having some staging jobs to move data from CRM Transaction System to Peoplesoft EPM. You can find these jobs under CRM Folder.
Rgds
Anand
DEVESHASTHANA
Participant

Post by DEVESHASTHANA »

Hi,

Which version of EPM are u talking about..

For Peoplesoft EMP 8.9
If u see there are categories in the Datastage project go to CRM datamart folder,if i remember correctly there are some staging jobs for CRM in Hundreds,first u have to run those jobs after that data get loaded in the source table of Dimensions job,and some common staging jobs which loads data to shared jobs,but be careful to run everything in proper order ,
Best option is to ask for support from Peoplesoft EPM team..
Regards,
Devesh
bgs_vb
Premium Member
Premium Member

EPM 8.9 Version

Post by bgs_vb »

Hi Devesh,

I have installed the datastage. i have also imported the jobs
(delivered *.dsx files).

Now want to know how to run those jobs in order.

I mean whether we have to manually excute each job individually
or there are some means to run it as per the sequence.

Regards,
Vindy

DEVESHASTHANA wrote:Hi,

Which version of EPM are u talking about..

For Peoplesoft EMP 8.9
If u see there are categories in the Datastage project go to CRM datamart folder,if i remember correctly there are some staging jobs for CRM in Hundreds,first u have to run those jobs after that data get loaded in the source table of Dimensions job,and some common staging jobs which loads data to shared jobs,but be careful to run everything in proper order ,
Best option is to ask for support from Peoplesoft EPM team..
Regards,
Devesh
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Ascential used to offer a training class called DataStage Essentials for Peoplesoft - you may ask whether that's still available.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
akhiln
Participant

Post by akhiln »

Hi Vindy,

There will be a master sequencer for running all the staging jobs and master sequencer at the each datamart level for running the respective dimensions & Facts.

Thanks,
Akhil
infonewz
Participant

projects in DataSage

Post by infonewz »

Hi Vindy,

In your EPM 8.9 project, are you implimenting any other warehouses other than CRM Warehouse? If so, are you having all the dsx files in one project or do you have multiple projects, one for each module like one DataStage project for CRM, one for HR and one for Common dsx jobs??

Thanks,