Job Sequence Restarbility

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

poorna_76
Charter Member
Charter Member

Job Sequence Restarbility

Post by poorna_76 »

I have a Sequence job which runs jobs J1,J2,J3,J4 one after the other.

I had enabled the following:
Add checkpoints so sequence is restartable on failure
Automatically handle activities

My JobSequence got aborted after running job J2 and jobSequence status is in Finished Status, instead of Aborted status.

When i include a NotificationActivity after each job, then it works fine and shows Aborted status after failing at J2.

But, i don't want to put a NotificationActivity and my Sequence job should show in Aborted/Restartable status, after failing at job J2.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in Advance.
poorna_76
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Job Sequence Restarbility

Post by poorna_76 »

My JobSequence got aborted after running job J2 and jobSequence status is in Finished Status, instead of Aborted status.

My Sequence Job does not actually say it aborted, it says its finished, though Job J2 failed(aborted).

Though it didn't start J3 & J4 (which is correct) , Sequence job status is finished.

chinek
Participant

Post by chinek »

poorna_76 wrote:My JobSequence got aborted after running job J2 and jobSequence status is in Finished Status, instead of Aborted status.

My Sequence Job does not actually say it aborted, it says its finished, though Job J2 failed(aborted).

Though it didn't start J3 & J4 (which is correct) , Sequence job status is finished.

You need to have a link from all your jobs to a routine called UtilityAbortToLog so that when any of your jobs abort, the Sequence will abort.
poorna_76
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by poorna_76 »

chinek wrote:
poorna_76 wrote:My JobSequence got aborted after running job J2 and jobSequence status is in Finished Status, instead of Aborted status.

You need to have a link from all your jobs to a routine called UtilityAbortToLog so that when any of your jobs abort, the Sequence will abort.

Thanks chinek.

Right now i have
ExeceptionHandler -->NotificationActivity -->UtilityAbortToLog routine connected together.
(They are not linked to any job/jobs)

It works fine with Job + NotificationActivity combination , this way.

But does not work with Job alone (and no NotificationActivity along with Jobs), though i have above combination (ExceptHandler+NotifActvty+UtilityAborrttoLog).

Thanks