Error opening Meta Data file - BW Load pack

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

saadmirza
Participant

Error opening Meta Data file - BW Load pack

Post by saadmirza »

Hi,
I am currently facing a problem using the BW load pack...I have a job with source as OCI 9 and Target as BW Load pack4.1
I am trying to load data from oracle into BW ODS using Push mechanism...Somtimes it goes smoothly but then sometime the Job gets hanged with the Director logs stating as "LoadFinalTMSEmpRecToODS..TMS_BW: InfoPackage ZPAK_3YWDUCJMHOVALJ0TYO2B73LFW started with request id of REQU_3YWWS9Z22Z7TGVM39K5V4WXN0"...
It doesnt proceed further than this...
But when I see the BW monitor I see the folowing error message.
"S:RSVAR:051 Error opening Meta Data file: FP_PD_TMS_TRANSACTION.MET"
I forceflly stop my job and then restart and it happens the same...after 2 or 3 times doing the same...I get a dufferent error message in the Director stating
"LoadFinalTMSEmpRecToODS..BW_Load_Stage_41_25: Error creating named pipe : (231) All pipe instances are busy." and the Job gets aborted..

Thanks,
SM
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
Quick glances sugests you reached your max concurent named pipes limit, but this might be reached after the real problem occurs.
Consult your System administrators to see if you reach any limit and if you can increase this limit.
If not then you'll have to limit the number of concurrent loads you run.

Can you get anyone to analyze what is going on the first time your job get stuck? (on all application/server machines that participate in this)

IHTH,
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
saadmirza
Participant

Post by saadmirza »

Hi Roy,
I have 2 BW connections created in the DataStage Administrator for SAP BW...These 2 connection point to the same BW system App Server...
Is it because of this I am falling short of Named Pipes.??

Any experiences?Should I delete one since I am no more using it but it still may be occupying the resources.?

Please advice.

Thanks,
SM