Change the Column after that particular row is processed

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kiran_418
Participant

Change the Column after that particular row is processed

Post by kiran_418 »

Hi,
This is an urgent requirement.
I need to design a datastage job which will process 10,000 records every half hour. My source is Db2 and my target is oracle.
Problem is once a record is loaded into oracle, in the source DB2 there is a column value Y which has to be changed to P and if there is a error in loading it has to changed to E. How to specify this condition.
Iam stuck with job design
Please help me
Thanks
Bye
amsh76
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by amsh76 »

You can use that as a parameter, and assign the value through a afterjob routine.
This afterjob routine will check the status of your job, and based on the status it will set the value of that parameter to p or e.

HTH
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I'd probably write all of your functional keys from the source DB2 table to a flat file during the run, along with a 'P' or an 'E' based on the success or failure of your Oracle work.

A second job could then take the file of keys, source those and perform updates on those records back in DB2 with the stored flag.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Not urgent

Post by ray.wurlod »

Please don't tag your posts here as urgent. This is an all-volunteer operation; folks post as and when they can.

If you want urgent responses, sign up for premium support from your support provider, with a KPI of (say) response within an hour. You will then learn something of the true cost of "urgent".
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.