Deletion of files of pattern DSD.RUN* from &PH& dire

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

MukundShastri
Premium Member
Premium Member

Deletion of files of pattern DSD.RUN* from &PH& dire

Post by MukundShastri »

Hello,

One of my jobs have got a huge log of DSD.RUN_3659_13610 of size 800mb in the &PH& directory.
Can anybody foresee any problem like project corruption or job corruption if I delete this file from unix box manully.

Thanks

Mukund
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

You can delete the contents of the &PH& directory from UNIX without any adverse effects. This file directory contains the standard output of the background process started by DataStage (the name stands for "PH"antom). It would be best for you to set the purge attributes in the director so that this doesn't happne regularly but in this case you may delete away (in &PH&) to your heart's content.
MukundShastri
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by MukundShastri »

Thanks ArndW

Mukund
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You might investigate the cause of such a large stdout, so that you can address the cause and avoid its recurrence. :wink:
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
jwhyman
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by jwhyman »

Be careful if this is an NLS project, do not delete the .uvnlsmap file.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Good catch!

Last time I heard, Mukund was in the UK, so might only need NLS to display the correct currency symbol!
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.