DB2 AS/400 Connectivity Issue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kiran_kom
Participant

DB2 AS/400 Connectivity Issue

Post by kiran_kom »

We are acessing a DB2 database on a AS/400 box using the client access ODBC driver. We were able to setup the connectivity and continue development, but all of a sudden Datastage was not able to connect to that dtabase anymore. The jobs would simply hang when trying to connect to it.
I was however able to connect using the very same DSN using other SQL tools.
We tried rebooting the ETL server, a soft reboot didnt do the trick, but when we powered off the box and brought it back it worked and we were able to connect without any problems.

All of a sudden the problem is back today. Obviously we cannot keep hard-rebooting a box all the time.

Any ideas why this problem is occuring ?
peterbaun
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by peterbaun »

Hi Kiran,

I have seen a similar behaviour when using Client Access (towards AS/400). The problem was, that if you entered a wrong password then everything (DS) would hang. The solution was to apply a setting in the DSN definition.

Open the ODBC manager
Open "Connection Options" in the general tab
In "Signon dialog prompting" enable "Never prompt for SQLConnect"

Short description for the problem - If you haven't applied this setting then what will happen when you enter a wrong password is then Client Access will try to display a popup saying you entered a wrong password will - however it is not possible due to DS is blocking for this hence everything will hang.

Hope this helps

Regards
Peter
kiran_kom
Participant

Post by kiran_kom »

thanks for your reply Peter...unfortunately that wasnt our problem. I changed that setting in the DSN properties, made sure I was entering the right password, but the problem is still there :(