Cannot get exclusive access to executable file for job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sangvi
Participant

Post by sangvi »

Hi,
I worked around with all the possibilities given in this forum but still unable to resolve this error.i tried even
GUI opt for Immidiate purge but again no result i still get cannot get exclusive access to executable file for job ...Please someone help me out .

Regards,
Sangvi
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

If you cannot get 'exlusive lock on executable', it may be because the job is running or someone has the monitor open for the job.
sangvi
Participant

Post by sangvi »

Yes the job is actually running and i could see the log file giving me the warning message though i reset the job.I had cleared the log file as instructed in forum for the same subject.
I even try to export and import the job and even tried deleting the job but i m given with a error message saying cannot ger exclusive access to executable file for the job.
I am the only person using the project and the particular job.
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Do a 'clear job resources' followed by 'clear status' to get rid of locks in that job.
sangvi
Participant

Post by sangvi »

Hi,
As per the below post in the forum i tried all the possible ways but still get the same error.Please suggest me a way to get rid of this.I had gone thru few other post in the forum but still i couldnt resolve the issue.

http://dsxchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=88 ... ess+to+log

Regards,
Sangvi