DataStage freezes when i loads data from IQ to SQL Server

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Lindies
Participant

DataStage freezes when i loads data from IQ to SQL Server

Post by Lindies »

I am new in datastage enviroment so please be detail in your solution

DataStage freezes when he loads data from IQ to SQL Server tables for a 1000 rows.He used source stage,transformer then to a flat file,that works fine but from flat file to sql server then datastage freezes.He stops all the jobs and note there is no option for Ctrl-alt-delete in unix.He stops everything and start all over but it continues to freezes.

Please help
1stpoint
Participant

More Details Needed

Post by 1stpoint »

Can you provide more specifics, like Db Connection (ODBC, etc). Your environment details as well and exactly what happens when it "freezes".
Lindies
Participant

Post by Lindies »

odbc->tranfomer->flat file->transformer->odbc the problem start when it goes to the last odbc it freezes.if i take out the last odbc then it works fine.
using odbc(IQ data warehouse.The source is over 1million rows but the target is to get the last 30 days of information.There is a constrain for that.

It freezes when it suppose to load to the database using odbc stage but i change it to a flat file then it works.

thank you
KeithM
Participant

Post by KeithM »

Since you can write to a flat file but can't write to SQL Server maybe the problem is with SQL Server like a lock on the table that you are trying to write to. Are you able to write to this table using something other than Datastage like Query Analyzer?
Keith
Lindies
Participant

Post by Lindies »

Are you able to write to this table using something other than Datastage like Query Analyzer? yes i can,it works fine.In datastage no error messages in director cause it freezes and i have to kill the job before i can check.
denzilsyb
Participant

Post by denzilsyb »

Hi lindie

Get an ODBC trace so that you can track whether the sql server is actually receiving input from datastage on unix. Is this problem only occuring on this one table?
dnzl
"what the thinker thinks, the prover proves" - Robert Anton Wilson