DataStage to BW data loading error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ppesa
Participant

DataStage to BW data loading error

Post by ppesa »

Hello,

We have integrated DataStage 7.1 with SAP BW 3.1. The current requirements dictate that we use BW scheduling and control to manage data loading. To do this we have configured the DS BW Load Pack to have SAP BW initiate the DS job that will pull data from Oracle and pass it to BW. In the DS BW Load Pack we therefore use the "Pull" option under InfoPackage to configure the link between DS and BW. This creates an InfoPackage in BW that we can schedule.

My problem is that when I schedule the BW job it imediately fails with the following error:

S:RSVAR:051 Error opening InfoSource file: ZACES_ADJUST_BID_TRANSACTION.TXT

I have looked on this forum as well as DevNet and SAP OSS but can't find anything related to the above error message. I have also looked for the file thinking it may be a permission issue but I can't find this file in the DS file system. Has anyone using the BW Load Pack encountered this error condition? On the other hand when initiating the laod from DS to "Push" the data to BW it works fine.

Any response is appreciated in advance.
Thanks,

-Pat
1stpoint
Participant

clue

Post by 1stpoint »

This is an InfoSource file and probably internal to SAP/BW and most likely a permissions issue.