DataStage Director - Problem Opening it

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Su
Participant

DataStage Director - Problem Opening it

Post by Su »

Hi,
I've been having this strange problem - DataStage Director does not open - actually I am able to supply the login details and then it just hangs. I have to go to Windows Task Manager and end the task.
No problem opening any of the other components like Manager, Designer, Administrator. However if I try to open Director from Manager or Designer I have the same problem.

I have reinstalled the DataStage Client but still have the same problem.

This has been happening only for the last couple of days. I have not installed anything new on my PC .

Also other people are able to logon to the same DS Server and invoke Director from their PCs

Does anyone know why this is happening? Has it happened to anyone else?
(Client is running on Windows 2000 and Server is on AIX)

Thanks
jseclen
Participant

Post by jseclen »

HI,

What client version are you using??

MS

Miguel Seclen
Lima - Peru
EBergman
Participant

Post by EBergman »

Hi There,
I had a similar problem last week, (but with Datastage Designer), after I deleted one of my job entries from Director.

I had to reload that job from back-up's(did an import through manager) (even though the job was still being displayed on Designer), re-compiled, and only then could I open Director, and re-run the job.....maybe something similar happened to you?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Haven't seen what you describe, but it's just possible that the last used view had the deleted job in focus and could not resolve the fact that the job was no longer in the repository.
I'd suggest reporting it, with a reproducible case, to your support provider and/or Ascential.