DataStage 6

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The Designer canvas has a blue background.
That's all I know. It's not released yet.
kww
Participant

Post by kww »

I had a sales engineer give us a demo a few weeks ago. I think most of the improvements revolve around the cosmetics of the designer and the added parallel features.

There are some nice features in the job sequencer. Of course they added in the parallelism functionality to the director (not sure if it's called director anymore).
kjanes
Participant

Post by kjanes »

They added a "Parallel Design" canvas to the Designer. There is now server, job sequence, mainframe, shared container, and parallel. The parallel design pallette has different objects than the server pallette because coding parallel jobs is different.

All of the normal components of DataStage still exist (manager, designer, director, admin). Overall, DataStage 6 is mostly about integrating Parallel Extender with DataStage. There are some new features but not like the upgrade from v4 to v5.

Kevin Janes
datastage
Participant

Post by datastage »

There are a few new stages. A command stage that allows an OS or UV command to be run and can write to an output file. A Link Partitioner stage that is an active stage which takes one input and allows you to distribute partitioned rows to up to 64 output links. A Link Collector stage that is an active stage which takes up to 64 inputs and allows you to collect data from these links and route it along a single output link. An inter-process (IPC) stage that is a passive stage which provides a communication channel between DataStage processes running simultaneously in the same job. It allows you to design jobs that run on SMP systems with great performance benefits. There is also an Oracle 9i stage and an MQ Series stage.