automatic login with ftp execution problem

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

professorg
Participant

automatic login with ftp execution problem

Post by professorg »

Has anyone tried to run a UNIX shell script to ftp files from an NT server to a UNIX server? I am using the .netrc file that allows you to pass the login id and password. When I try running the shell script in the batch datastage job, it doesn't connect. Yet, when I run the script, it connects properly and does everything as advertised.

Also, I would deeply appreciate any help on how to set up everything to do an rcp from a NT to Unix box. The AIX documentation is a little bit criptic on what really needs to be done to make it all work.

In either of these cases, I need to send a message as to the successful download or unsuccessful download. I am a data modeler become datastage devveloper. My coding skills are very rusty (about 17 years.)

Thanks,
Robert

Edited by - professorg on 09/30/2002 08:48:22
RBoudreau
Participant

Post by RBoudreau »

Robert,
We found with AIX we needed to make sure that .rhosts file was in $HOME. Our file only contains a plus sign. The permissions should be 644.
Hope this helps.
Russell
RBoudreau
Participant

Post by RBoudreau »

Robert,
We found with AIX we needed to make sure that .rhosts file was in $HOME. Our file only contains a plus sign. The permissions should be 644.
Hope this helps.
Russell
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Any reason you can't use the FTP stage type in DataStage?
It has before-FTP and after-FTP command capability, which is really useful sometimes.