5.1 Job Sequences

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

cmueller
Participant

5.1 Job Sequences

Post by cmueller »

I have been working with job sequences in 5.1 and would like to know if there is way to access job link information from jobs included in the sequence. In a regular batch I can do this within the job control, but in a job sequences the job control appears to be read-only.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Try putting your code into a routine, call this routine from within the Job Sequence with the RoutineActivity stage and pass it the name of the job you are trying to access. Both the input and output variables for the routine will be available to subsequent linked stages in the job sequence. The routine can attach the job and retrieve the link information. It can then process this information or pass it back to the job sequence to be processed elsewhere.

When a sequence job is compiled it creates job control code, it remains read only to ensure the only changes to this control code are made through the designer palette.
cmueller
Participant

Post by cmueller »

Thanks. I used a routine activity and a custom routine, and that worked great.