Can I Use XMETA to list all hashed file names?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

gsbrown
Premium Member
Premium Member

Can I Use XMETA to list all hashed file names?

Post by gsbrown »

Is there an XMETA repository query that can give me a unique list of all hashed tables referenced in hashed stages across all of our DataStage jobs? Or maybe an alternate method? I want to exclude system hashed tables, only hashed files put into the "File Name" field in hashed file stages
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Probably. Though it would be far simpler to query DS_JOBOBJECTS.

In either case, the query will not be able to resolve job parameter references without being a lot more complex.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I've had good luck in the past with queries of this nature before there was an XMETA database by leveraging some of Chuck Smith's tools. Specifically the List all files and tables used by jobs in a dsx file modified to load the results into a table so I could query them easily. Yes, it's a bit old school and you need to feed it a dsx export of the project but it does work nicely and I've used it to get exactly the kind of information you are looking for, classified by source or target if desired.

Alternate method. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers