Unidata and UNIAPI

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

nvalia
Premium Member
Premium Member

Unidata and UNIAPI

Post by nvalia »

Hi All,

I see in version 9.1 (Server jobs) Unidata 6 stage has been superseded by Unidata stage.
We need to connect to Unidata 7.3.4, does it support this Unidata version?

Also does it use the UNIAPI to connect to the Unidata Server from Datastage?
If yes any specific settings we need to make on Datastage side and If no what else will it use for this connection?

Thanks,
VN
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The UniData stage does connect to UniData 7.3.4. There should be no settings you need to make on the DataStage side (other than stage properties, of course). However, you do need to make the UniData account accessible through VSG.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
nvalia
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by nvalia »

Thanks Ray.

I see in version 9.1 (Server jobs) Unidata 6 stage has been superseded by Unidata stage. So does this mean

1. This job will not compile post exporting/importing from V7.5 to V9.1.2?
2. Will we need to re-design the jobs to use the supported Unidata stage or it will continue to work (with Unidata 6 stage) after it is compiled successfully?

Thanks,
VN
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It depends what "supported" means in this context. Usually they maintain backwards compatibility for a while. I suggest you try one. If it doesn't work, throwing a "not supported" error, then you will be up for the effort of changing job design.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.