Datastage server edition & Salesforce.com(SFDC) connecti

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ds_infy
Premium Member
Premium Member

Datastage server edition & Salesforce.com(SFDC) connecti

Post by ds_infy »

Environment :- Datastage 8.1 (Server Edition)

With the use of "web service client" stage I am able to login into SFDC,and stored the server URL,session ID etc fields into a sequential stage.

But I am not able to retrieve/Create data from/to SFDC(Sales force dot com).

Questions:-

1)How can I achieve this?
2)What setting needs to take care in order to perform these operations?
3)What all stages do I need to use apart from web service client stage?
4)What could be a sample design of datastage job?

It's Urgent an early reply is appreciated.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

We don't do urgent here. DSXchange is an all-volunteer site whose members post as and when (and if) they can. If you need "urgent" sign up with your official support provider for priority service and learn just how much "urgent" is worth.

Look at Web Services Transformer stage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ds_infy
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ds_infy »

ray.wurlod wrote:Look at Web Services Transformer stage.
This has also not solved the problem.Can anyone suggest something else ?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

What is your ultimate goal here? Have your read the Web Services Pack Guide pdf? It shows examples of how to use the Client stage as both a source and a target, from what I recall.

It would also be helpful if you explained what exactly you attempted with the WS Transformer stage and why it did not "solve the problem".
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ds_infy
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ds_infy »

Hi,

I wanted to connect to Salesforce dot com(SFDC) site using datastage server edition and
I want to perform Upsert /retrieve operations to/from SFDC .

I am having data in a .csv file.
But initially trying to perform different operations using sample data.

I am able to use login operation on SFDC with the help of Username and password, and I am able to fetch few fields like session Id ,server url etc.

But I think we need this session ID every time whenever we want to perform any other operation with SFDC.

Yes , I have read Web Services Pack Guide (pdf), and followed want is explained in that but still not able to achieve the goal.

Not getting, how to pass the session Id for all different operations and every operations when it is imported into web services client stage/transformer stage it ask for the value against few columns,not getting as in what exactly needs to be pass against those columns.

One more doubt whether I need to use SOAP or REST to perform this task?

Using SOAPUI we can perform different operations.
In parallel edition also you are having Sales force stages available, that makes the solution more easier.
But how to achieve the same using Datastage server edition is the biggest question ?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Everything in the Web Services PACK uses SOAP, not REST. (There's a certification question about that!) I expect "they" thought REST to be too unstructured to be rigorous.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

As far as I am aware, REST is not supported.