Import v8 dsx file into 7.5

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kalyan1216
Premium Member
Premium Member

Import v8 dsx file into 7.5

Post by kalyan1216 »

I have a dsx file which is developed in DataStage v8 and I need to import that dsx file into 7.5.
Is it possible to do that. If yes can you please help me how to do that?

Thanks
kalyan
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Though it will let you import, you will find dificulties in compiling and running the job. Since many stages and functionalies that are available in 8 are not in 7.5.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
asorrell

Post by asorrell »

DataStage is not downward compatible. For this to even have a chance of working your job would have to not use ANY of the features that are unique to release 8, including database connectors, new stages, new stage options, etc.

There's no way to "help" you do it. Just try loading - if it fails it fails, if it works and compiles great.
Andy Sorrell
Certified DataStage Consultant
IBM Analytics Champion 2009 - 2020
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You'll need to find the "version" that is recorded in your 7.5.x export and edit your 8.x export to report that version before it will even let you attempt to import from what I recall. After that, as noted, Caveat Emptor.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kalyan1216
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kalyan1216 »

Thank you so much for everyone. Yes now I understood its very difficult to convert 7.5 version dsx to 8x version. The problem has beed resolved.

Once again Thank you so much for your quick reply

Thanks
Kalyan