Help to identify the datastage process in the Task Manager

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dinakaran_s
Participant

Help to identify the datastage process in the Task Manager

Post by dinakaran_s »

[URGENT HELP]

Hi All,

The issue is that our client wants to install AntiVirus on all the datastage servers, but the Anti Virus is scanning all the process that are invoked by datastage. Since AntiVirus scans all the process, it affects the performance of the datastage jobs.

So our client is trying to apply a policy for AntiVirius that not to scan all the process/service releated to datastage(both server and parallel).

Can someone help me to identify all the process/services related to datastage (both server and parallel) in Windows Task Manager.

Thanks in advance.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

We don't do "urgent". DSXchange is an all-volunteer site whose members post as and when they can, usually only if they have something constructive to contribute. If you want "urgent" support (and I question that you acually "need" it in this case) sign up with your support provider for priority service, and learn how much "urgent" actually costs.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
dinakaran_s
Participant

Sorry Man

Post by dinakaran_s »

Hi Ray,

I am really sorry. I really didn't mean to say that.
Pagadrai
Participant

Re: Help to identify the datastage process in the Task Manag

Post by Pagadrai »

dinakaran_s wrote:[
Can someone help me to identify all the process/services related to datastage (both server and parallel) in Windows Task Manager.
Services:

Iam aware of the following:
DSRPC Service
DataStage Engine Resource Service, and
DataStage Telnet Service.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Indeed that's the full list for version 7. However you may have configured that the DataStage deadlock daemon (dsdlockd.exe) runs; it's probably worth including that in your anti-virus "white list" as well.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.