Error : Invalid number ORA-01722

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sreelalpp
Participant

Error : Invalid number ORA-01722

Post by sreelalpp »

Hello,
I am getting the error "Invalid number ORA-01722" when i try to view data from an oracle stage.
The table definiton of the stage was imported from the table itself.

Thx,
sri
lal
vinothkumar
Participant

Post by vinothkumar »

ORA-01722: invalid number
Cause: The attempted conversion of a character string to a number failed because the character string was not a valid numeric literal. Only numeric fields or character fields containing numeric data may be used in arithmetic functions or expressions. Only numeric fields may be added to or subtracted from dates.
Action: Check the character strings in the function or expression. Check that they contain only numbers, a sign, a decimal point, and the character "E" or "e" and retry the operation
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Do you have custom sql?
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
betterthanever
Participant

Post by betterthanever »

were you able to run your query on DB without any issues???
deahl
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by deahl »

I just had the same error. In the oracle database and in the application metadata a field had differing types between the source and target databases. In Oracle in the source it was a VARCHAR2 but a NUMBER in the target. Once the table metadata was remigrated into the warehouse it solved the problem.