Need help on SAP ABAP Extract stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

saikrishna
Participant

Need help on SAP ABAP Extract stage

Post by saikrishna »

Hi

I am quite new to use SAP stages inside data stage.

I need to select two data structures (tables) from SAP R/3 using ABAP extract

I am not able to understand how to browse the tables available in SAP from DataStage and select its meta data their after.

Note: I could not find any button available to browse the tables in SAP in ABAP Extract stage.

Can you pls help me in this issue.

Thanks
Sai
arunsardana
Participant

Post by arunsardana »

Let's say you want to add two most common tables in SAP MARA and MARC (these are the two material master tables). Start by clikcing on the build button under 'ABAP program' tab in the ABAP stage. Once in there, easiest way to add tables is to 'Search for Table' and typing in 'MARA' in "find in name" option. Once you have tables in the list, move it to the right by clickin on the '>' button andbring it under select table list. Next go to 'Select' tab and you will see all columns. You can select 'columns' and then go to 'Where' tab to put your where clause and so on. Once done here, close this window and click on 'Generate Program' which will generate abap program and you are ready to run your job that will extract table data from SAP and put it into a file or a database table etc.

good luck!!!

Regards,
Arun
The real danger is not that computers will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like computers. ~Sydney J. Harris
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Generally you receive the table information from SAP experts. You can give the prefix in search option to get list of similar names.

Some tables like MARA, T001 etc will be frequently used.