DataStage logs in the event viewer

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jzijl
Participant

DataStage logs in the event viewer

Post by jzijl »

Hello,

I started a DataStage-job yesterday. After a 6 hours run it did get the status 'Finished'. Also all the subjobs have the status 'Finished'. When I look in the Task Manager there are no usvh.exe jobs active. In the event viewer I see in the tab Application warnings of source Escential DataStage with event ID 1002. The warnings are:

DataStage warning: Unable to read from stdin.. WSA error: 0.
and
DataStage warning: Unable to read from pipe.. Win32 error: 109. The pipe has been ended..

These two warnings come always together and are are logged every 5 minutes. After I have rebooted the server on which the DataStage-application runs and not having started any DataStage job or module these warnings show up again.

My question is if this is usual practice or did something go wrong in the installation of DataStage.

Kind regards,

Jan
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

They do happen, for example when row buffering is on in server jobs and a timeout occurs, or when any of the ipc processes times out. It can also happen when reading a named pipe using a Sequential File stage. As a general rule they can be ignored.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.