Error loading a file.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Amuktamalyada
Participant

Error loading a file.

Post by Amuktamalyada »

Hi Everybody,
I am kind of new to DataStage.
In one of my jobs we are trying to read a seq file and writing it to 3 hash files.When I am trying to load a file with a record count of 15000 it runs fine.But,if I am loading the whole file with around 55000 recs its aborting the job after 50 recs are found with more cols.I know its not appropriate to change the warning limit. I am not sure as the production jobs are running fine but I am getting this error in dev while testing as I want to test using the whole file.Is it ok to neglect the warnings as far as the job runs successfully.

DataStage Job 356 Phantom 18791
Job Aborted after 50 errors logged.
Attempting to Cleanup after ABORT raised in stage CBCOMBCreateHashfiles..T1
DataStage Phantom Aborting with @ABORT.CODE = 1

Thanks all of you.

Mukta :-)
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard. :D

When you run a DataStage job from Director there is a Job Run Options dialog that has a Limits tab. It is here that the limit of 50 warnings was set.

Investigate the job log to find out what is causing these warnings, and correct the cause. The job should then run satisfactorily.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
NBALA
Participant

Post by NBALA »

Hi Amuktamalyada,

Are you using reject link to capture the reject rows? If yes.. you can examine the rejected rows in a error file/table and find out what causing the warning...there could be lot of reason's like data truncation..

-NB
btw . I am remembering Krishnadevaraya from your name.
Amuktamalyada
Participant

Re: Error loading a file.

Post by Amuktamalyada »

Hi Ray/Bala,
we do not have any reject links in the job.I am not sure if I can reset the warning limit.These jobs run regularly in production with these input files.I am not sure why this is happening in development.I investigated the job and not able to find any discripencies as I always refresh the dev with production code.

Thanks for all you help.

Mukta
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Have you looked in the job's log? All of the warnings will be logged there, posting a sample or two would go a long way towards letting us help you solve your problem. :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Jobs in production should not generate any warnings, imho. So inspecting any generated warnings in the job log is an absolute must.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Amuktamalyada
Participant

Re: Error loading a file.

Post by Amuktamalyada »

Hi Everyone,
Thanks for the valuable suggestions.I was able to rectify the problem.It was because of the input file that is coming in that we had this problem.

Thanks,
Mukta