Delays between Job Sequences / Calling Next Job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bmouton
Participant

Post by bmouton »

Actually, sometimes the obvious bites you on the butt!!!

After spending countless hours and not sleeping for three days, I took a wild stab and change the prune setting on the log files to 1 day. Then, I cleaned the log files ...

Started my cycles ... Run Times for my environments went from 30 - 40 minutes to under 2 minutes for the small databases ... 7 minutes for the larger one ....

Additionally, the log file process was causing collisions in DB2 preventing our BI interface to work ....

Amazing how the simple things get you!!

Thanks for all of your input!
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Interesting... which 8.x version are you running? Specifically, is this 8.1 where the job logs are in the XMETA repository or are they still hashed files in the project? Known issue, if the former, and there's a way to force them back to the "Universe" layer.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
bmouton
Participant

Post by bmouton »

They are still HASH files ... I believe we are on 8.1 for SUSE
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

In version 8.1 you get the choice of where the logs are. It's my understanding that the default is to put them in the unified metadata repository (that is, the XMETA database if you didn't select a different name).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Exactly, and why I asked. The issue and the setting changes you'd need to make (or at least check) are documented here:

viewtopic.php?t=125607
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

bmouton wrote:They are still HASH files
No they're not. They are HASHED files.

A hash file is a tool used for shaping a block of hash. Whether that means ground meat or something else to you is immaterial.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.