Using Complex Flat Files (CCF) Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

travis
Premium Member
Premium Member

Using Complex Flat Files (CCF) Stage

Post by travis »

Do the CCFs have to be handled differently within the batch job? I'm putting together a batch that has a CCF in one of the jobs. The Job runs fine on its own, but once I try to call it from the batch the job abends with the error CFF5: Can't Open. Has anyone run into this before?
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

There are a couple things that cause this type of error. First off does the batch pass the file name or path to the job? If these parameters are incorrect the job could try to open a file that is not there. Secondly does the batch run under a different login? This could cause a file read permission problem.
Do the CCFs have to be handled differently within the batch job? I'm putting together a batch that has a CCF in one of the jobs. The Job runs fine on its own, but once I try to call it from the batch the job abends with the error CFF5: Can't Open. Has anyone run into this before?