CompileAll tool

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

admin

Post by admin »

The links to access the CompileAll program are emailed out usually within 24 hours after joining the forum.
datastage
Participant

Post by datastage »

It's Friday afternoon, 5 minutes before 5PM....so I'm sitting here compiling my Version Control project with CompileAll and timing it. On a slow client and slow server I still was able to compile 243 jobs in 2:40.

Additionally, those of you wanting to speed up compiling with this tool or just when doing them one at a time, go to Tools....Options in the DataStage Manager and uncheck 'Warn if compiling referenced routine'. This will sped my 243 job compile up to 2:10.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

It's a great tool and it's saving me a lot of time. One problem I am having is that it is not showing the categories, it's just showing a list of jobs from all categories in alphabetical order. Am I using the wrong version or should I add this to a wishlist?
admin

Post by admin »

CompileAll is not supposed to show the categories of jobs. This should be included in the next version of the product.
Amywho
Participant

Post by Amywho »

CompileAll is not supposed to show the categories of jobs. This should be included in the next version of the product.

http://www.tools4datastage.com/downloads.asp link does not include the downloading for compileall. Could you point me to the right url, please?
admin

Post by admin »

The link to Compile All has been emailed to the address in your member profile. Sorry about the inconvience.
nigel
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by nigel »

Hi,

Could I also please get the link to download the "CompileAll" utility

Regards

nigel

Nigel