Hardware config

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

krisna
Participant

Hardware config

Post by krisna »

Hi,

Source data is having 5 TB of data.

What should be my server hardware config.

Thanks in Advance
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

5TB of source data transferred through DataStage with no modification or conversion can be done on a notebook. More complex transfers cannot.

We need other details.
krisna
Participant

Post by krisna »

We have transformation rules also.

what I want to know is about the Hardware configuration and that server concurrently should be accessed by 20 developers and all the 20 developers will be using 5TB of data and also applies some transformation rules.
krisna
Participant

Post by krisna »

We have transformation rules also.

what I want to know is about the Hardware configuration and that server concurrently should be accessed by 20 developers and all the 20 developers will be using 5TB of data and also applies some transformation rules.

sources are sequential files and target is oracle
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

We still have no idea of the complexity of those transformations, whether you'll be profiling data, whether you'll be including QualityStage elements, and a whole host of other factors that might affect any sizing recommendataions.

For that many developers I'd be maxing the available CPU count (assuming they're all competing for resources), maxing the possible memory, and configuring lots and lots of disk. For example, 20TB of disk space just for the IADB to support profiling.

Don't even contemplate also running production in this machine.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Moderator: please move this thread to Enterprise Edition (parallel) forum
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.