Missing Jobs from project

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jreddy
Premium Member
Premium Member

Missing Jobs from project

Post by jreddy »

So, we don't know how it happened, but all jobs in a project are now missing. When we login to Designer or director, we just don't see any jobs there.
I did a LIST DS_JOBS and all of them show up. so, i am kind of hopeful that the error is related to some dictionary, repository listing, index issue.

Is there some way anyone can suggest to bring the jobs back. I can see all the RT_CONFIG files and such existing?

Thanks
Jyo
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Usually this means that the project needs to be re-indexed.
Search for the DS.REINDEX command and the caveats on its use.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
jreddy
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by jreddy »

thanks Ray,
I actually tried that - DS.REINDEX ALL
but got the error as

File 'DS_JOBS' has no indices
Secondary index facility is not supported for type 1 or type 19 files.
It continued on for all others like 'DS_ROUTINES', 'DS_STAGETYPES' etc
jreddy
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by jreddy »

Also, I have the following I_* files as well

I_DS_JOBOBJECTS:
INDEX.000* INDEX.001* INDEX.002*

I_DS_JOBS:
INDEX.000* INDEX.001* INDEX.002* INDEX.003*

Thanks,
Jyo
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

OK take a look inside the DS_* directories.

They should - MUST - contain precisely three files, called DATA.30, OVER.30 and .Type30 (the last is a hidden file).

If there are fewer or more than these, then again someone has broken your project. If there are more you can delete the surplus files and it *may* work (no promises).

You may (or may not, depending on circumstances) need to re-associate indexes with the repository tables using appropriate SET.INDEX commands. But don't worry about that yet - fix only one thing at a time.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
jreddy
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by jreddy »

Ray,
I looked in one random RT_CONFIG directory and it did have all the 3 files as you mentioned.

however, there are some DS_* that do not have any of these 3 files. Most have those 3.

The following have all the 3 - DS_JOBS
DS_ROUTINES - does not have the .Type3 (has the other 2)

Thanks
Jyo
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Sounds like you've got some repair work to do. Make a complete list of those that do and those that don't have DATA.30, OVER.30 and .Type30 only. (Exclude RT_BPnnn and RT_BPnnn.O - these are ordinary directories.)

Then execute LIST.INDEX against each of the DS_* hashed files (in Administrator client).

Code: Select all

LIST.INDEX DS_JOBS ALL
jreddy
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by jreddy »

Well, our team was in a hurry to restore it ASAP and i didn't have enough time to work on this repair, would love to know more on how to do this though.

What we finally ended up doing was restore from system backup, where we lost a week's worth of development (not a whole lot in our case, since it was maintenance project.. )

but thanks for your input, Ray
Appreciate it
Thanks
Jyo