Basic question from a basic user

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sysmq
Premium Member
Premium Member

Basic question from a basic user

Post by sysmq »

Hi
i'm looking for some reading material that will explain the content of the engine folder in the DS installation
that is what are the roll of the .cmd
what is the uvconfig file and what does any of the value means and how to configure them according to my system needs ?

any help is more then welcome

10x

sysmq
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

DataStage still utilizes a version of the UniVerse engine, it was split off from the current software (also owned by IBM) years ago. While it is now a little bit different with some functionality removed and other added, it is still essentially identical to UniVerse. While IBM does not document the DataStage engine, the UniVerse one is well-documented and much, if not most, of the PDF files are available for free download on the IBM website and that would assist you in learning the underlying structure of DataStage.
See U2 Library - Manuals online
sysmq
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sysmq »

10x
that is what i was looking for

:D
sysmq
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sysmq »

hi
a question: what version should i download ?
9.5, 9.6, or maybe 10.3 ?
i have Datastage Server edition V7.5.2

10x again....

Sysmq
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

9.6 is the closest fit, as per the link I gave you elsewhere.

Please use a professional standard of English on DSXchange. Many members don't have English as their first language and struggle even more with pretentious or SMS-style abbreviations.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.