how to make work(run) parallel jobs in windows 2003 server

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

basu.ds
Participant

how to make work(run) parallel jobs in windows 2003 server

Post by basu.ds »

Hi all,

Can any body help me on this how to make the parallel job to run in windows mechine.we are installed IBM information server on windows 2003 server but we are able to run server jobs but not parallel jobs.
Is there any settings are required?
In my project there are quality stage jobs but we are migrating from 7.5.1 to 8.0 but i am not seen quality stage stages in server jobs. i am able to see only in parallel jobs.i need develope all quality stage jobs in parallel.using quality stage plugin i need to call those jobs in server i feel please confirm me?
Is parallel jobs can call in server jobs?

Thanka in advance,
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You're confused and you're making us confused. What precisely do you mean by "not able to run parallel jobs"? Can you compile parallel jobs? What happens when you try to run a parallel job? Is anything logged? Does any message appear anywhere else, such as in the &PH& directory?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
basu.ds
Participant

Post by basu.ds »

i am able to compile,but job is aborted and giving me this error
Error setting up internal communications (fifo //./pipe/FIRSTPORT_DEV-RT_SC559-DataSet

Thanks ray,
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Is this the case for ALL parallel jobs, or just this one? What's the design of this one?
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
basu.ds
Participant

Post by basu.ds »

just i cretaed one job in parallel.this job creating dataset taking from sequential file i am able to view the data in sequentialfile but jib is aborts

Thanks ray,
basu.ds
Participant

Post by basu.ds »

after reset my job this is the information

From previous run
DataStage Job 559 Phantom 5672
The variable "APT_PERFORMANCE_DATA" is not in the environment.
Job Aborted after Fatal Error logged.
Program "DSD.WriteLog": Line 305, Abort.
[5968] Done : SH -c 'd:/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/bin/NT_OshWrapper.exe //./pipe/FIRSTPORT_DEV-RT_SC559-DataSet RT_SC559/OshExecuter.sh R DUMMY -f RT_SC559/OshScript.osh -monitorport 13400 -pf RT_SC559/jpfile -impexp_charset ASCL_MS1252 -string_charset ASCL_MS1252 -input_charset UTF-8 -output_charset UTF-8 -collation_sequence OFF'
Attempting to Cleanup after ABORT raised in job DataSet.

DataStage Phantom Aborting with @ABORT.CODE = 3
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Moderator: please move to parallel forum

What happens if you configure the APT_PERFORMANCE_DATA environment variable?

What happens if you create a parallel job without a Data Set stage? Say a Row Generator writing to a Copy stage?