Compile error: Array 'NB' never dimensioned.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

JayanK
Participant

Compile error: Array 'NB' never dimensioned.

Post by JayanK »

Hi,

I created a new project and imported my backup and i got the error below everywhere NB function is used:

>> DW_Incr_RSKWBU_DataSet_Job_D1 - Failed <<
Error compiling generated subroutine for stage DW_Incr_RSKWBU_DataSet_Job_D1.Transformer_267

Compiling: Source = 'RT_BP4496/JOB.1682674912.DT.1437282187.TRANS3', Object = 'RT_BP4496.O/JOB.1682674912.DT.1437282187.TRANS3'

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Array 'NB' never dimensioned.

1 Errors detected, No Object Code Produced.

I read throught the forum and this may be because of object code missing from DS Manager Library. I would like to know why this object is missing and how can i import them and from where.

Thanks alot.
Jayan
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Welcome. :D

'Imported my backup' means what? You imported an export you made of a previous project? If so, what exactly did you export? Import?

If this 'NB' function is missing from the project (verify via the Manager), you'll need to export it from wherever it does exist and import it into this project. Then, depending on the object, it may need to be compiled as well before you can proceed.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
JayanK
Participant

Post by JayanK »

Hi Chulett,

Thanks for your reply. I realised that the routines are not in the .dsk that i import into this project. :D

Now its working fine. Thanks.

Regards,
Jayan
chulett wrote:Welcome. :D

'Imported my backup' means what? You imported an export you made of a previous project? If so, what exactly did you export? Import?

If this 'NB' function is missing from the project (verify via the Manager), you'll need to export it from wherever it does exist and import it into this project. Then, depending on the object, it may need to be compiled as well before you can proceed.
sarat.srinivas@tcs.com
Participant

Post by sarat.srinivas@tcs.com »

Hi All,

I have written one server Routine which checks for the given file existance. I am using this routine in the Parallel Job Sequencer. But When I compiled the Sequencer I am facing the following error.

Compiling: Source = 'RT_BP319/JOB.400836368.DT.1471123245', Object = 'RT_BP319.O/JOB.400836368.DT.1471123245'
Array 'CheckForFile' never dimensioned.

1 Errors detected, No Object Code Produced.

Can any body help me in solving this problem?
V.Sarat Srinivas
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

The same reason as in the original poster's case - your routine, in this case "CheckForFile" isn't loaded in this project.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

... or the DEFFUN declaration for it has been omitted from your code.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Sravani
Participant

Post by Sravani »

What should be done to load the "CheckForFile" in to project?

Thanks,
Sravani.
Sravani
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

You need to include it in an export from the original project first.
Sravani
Participant

Post by Sravani »

That CheckForFIle is exported into the current project. Still I am gettign the same error.
Sravani
Sravani
Participant

Post by Sravani »

That CheckForFIle is exported into the current project. Still I am gettign the same error.
Sravani
PhilHibbs
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PhilHibbs »

I got exactly the same thing last week - imported a DSX into a project, compiled it from the command line, and got "Array 'IsBlank' never dimensioned", where IsBlank is a transform. Compiled the same job through Designer, and it compiled cleanly. Compiled it again from the command line, clean compile.
Phil Hibbs | Capgemini
Technical Consultant
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Go to "CheckForFile" and compile it.
Sravani
Participant

Post by Sravani »

Hi Gurus,
The routine is in compiled state only. But still I am getting the same error when compiling my sequencer which is using the above routine. :(

Please help me.

Thanks.