Sort: Input column does not promote to output column

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jzijl
Participant

Sort: Input column does not promote to output column

Post by jzijl »

Hello,

I want to select within the combination of DUNS_NO (char) and DATE (timestamp) the DUNS_NO with the most recent date. The data comes from a hash-file with DUNS_NO and DATE as keyfields.

A SORT reads the hash-file, the output goes into an AGGREGATOR and the output is another hash-file.

In the SORT I specify as output that I want to group on DUNS_NO and both DUNS_NO and DATE remain key-fields. Also I specified in the properties: DUNS_NUMBER asc, DATE asc

In the AGGREGATOR I specified in the input side the sort-order. DUNS_NO 1 and DATE 2, both ascending and both key-field. In the output I specified to group on DUNS_NO, which remains key. For DATE I specified in the deriviation Last(DATE).

While running this job I get the message: 'Sort: Input column does not promote to output column.'. The column mentioned the third column in the hash-file. DUNS_NO and DATE are resp. the 4th and 5th column in the hash-file.

Hope someone can help me.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Jan
Kirtikumar
Participant

Post by Kirtikumar »

Can you provide the input metadata cols for Aggregator and output metadata cols and their derivations?

It is a bit tough to imagine the job design and metadata from what you are saying.

If the grouping is on DUNS_NO 1 and aggregation is Last(DATE) and you are saying it is 3 rd col and again some more cols.
So pls provide details...
Regards,
S. Kirtikumar.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Is all you input columns been propagated to output of the SORT stage. If you want to select only the required column, use transformer stage.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Sort: Input column does not promote to output column

Post by chulett »

jzijl wrote:While running this job I get the message: 'Sort: Input column does not promote to output column.'
All that should mean is a column on the Input side is not mentioned on the Output side. What goes in must come out, so it (the Sort stage) complained.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers