date transformation

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

datastage1
Participant

date transformation

Post by datastage1 »

How to do date transformation if we have two different databases at the source and target?
Thanks and appreciate the helpful answers
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

What kind of date transform do you need ?
There are many ways. You have routines in the SDK, you can write your won server routines, have a shell manipulate the date as a before job routine.

Advice: Research the manual, you will find alot ways to do that. Moreover the forum is rich with such questions. Its worth spending the time to search.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
DeepakCorning
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DeepakCorning »

Well, if I define the field to be date time stamp in the source and target stage , DS will not take care of the conversion?? In the source it will convert it to string format...process it and then while inserting convert it back to date format of the specific DB...
NBALA
Participant

Post by NBALA »

Hi,

Please be specific..

Its all depends on which source and target you are using (Oracle, SQLServer, Flat file.....) and what format you required as output and what is input format. Search in this forum you will get lot Date related post that will calrify your doubts.

-NB

I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me. - Dudley Field Malone