Retrieve Warning messages at run time

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Routines in DataStage are nothing but lines of Universe Basic Code. Get any guide that outlines help in Universe basic and you will get the hang of it. There are plenty of basic routines on this site as well, which have pretty good documentation. Have a strong cup of coffee, search and go through them. That will really help.
Regards,
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Ask the vendor about a class called Programming with DataStage BASIC which used to be on the books.

If they are no longer offering it, ask whether DSXchange (through its Strategies2Learn partner) might be able to provide such training.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
NBALA
Participant

Re: routines

Post by NBALA »

Hi rachitha,

If you have the client installed on your system you can refer the following online manuals,
DataStage BASIC Guide Full BASIC reference manual.
DataStage Designer Guide - Chapter "Programming in DataStage"

Also there is lot of Code available in this forum, based on those you can understand the requirements and commands used in the routines and start writing yourself...

Gurus (Ray and DSGuru) are before me :)

-NB
-----------
I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think - Socrates

I never teach my pupils; I only attempt to provide the conditions in which they can learn. - Albert Einstein