IQ12 bulk load on Linux

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Tania,

have you used the designer's debugger before? It might help to track down your if you were to step through the stages and rows and see if you can discern any logic on when rows get written according to the job and when they actually get put into the physical file.
Tania
Participant

Post by Tania »

Hi Arnd,

I didn't think of that - the debug toolbar and I have never been very good friends.

Unfortunately the client went back to DS 7.5 this morning so I've lost my test environment. I'm going to try to reproduce on the Linux server here and then I'll have a go at debugging.

Thanks for all of the suggestions
Tania
BIuser
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by BIuser »

A patch has arrived!

This patch does address a Linux-specific problem within the Sybase IQ 12 load stage whereby the load truncates records.

Now to apply and test.

Thank you everyone for your help!

Tania :D
Leonie
Participant

Post by Leonie »

Hi Tania,

We have the similar problem on AIX DS 7.5.1.A

The IQ bulkloader doesn't overwrite the .DAT file it only overwrites the .SQL and only if you are the same user. If you logged in as a different user then it will give you an error about can't access or write to that file. First we though it was a unix permission problem - but we gave a file all the permissions (chmod 777), but still nothing. In the meanwhile we have a workaround. In a before job routine (SH) we remove the file first with the rm -f FILENAME.* command then create the file and this seems to be working, the only problem is that you have to do this in each in every job where you use the Bulk Loader.

Regards

Leonie

:D
BIuser
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by BIuser »

Hi,

I've tested DS7.5.1 (not 7.5.1A) on Redhat Ent Linux AS 3U3 with no issues, it deletes the load file, has no problems with not writing data etc, but as soon as I go uninstall and install DS 7.5.1A the issues start.

Must admit something got screwed up in the 7.5.1A version of the IQ Bulk Loader. Have not applied the available patch yet. Will be doing it soon. Will et you know.

Frik