about GCI error info

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Joshen
Participant

about GCI error info

Post by Joshen »

Hi,all
I am new in this forum and looking for some help.When I using ABAP PACK,there was an error concurred.Here is the message:
DataStage Job 4 Phantom 2196
Program "DSP.Open": Line 122, Exception raised in GCI subroutine:
Access violation.
Attempting to Cleanup after ABORT raised in stage Abap_Test..ABAP_Extract_PACK_for_SAP_R_3_0
DataStage Phantom Aborting with @ABORT.CODE = 3
Please give some suggestion,tks
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Don't know anything about ABAP or SAP but some generic advice...

After a job aborts, from the Director try doing a Reset of the job. Sometimes a log entry will be written with "From previous run..." in it and double-clicking on it will get you more details about the problem.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
pnchowdary
Participant

Post by pnchowdary »

Hi Joshen,

Are you using the ABAP Extract Pack to extract data from SAP tables?. If so, check whether the ID that you are using has authorization to do a select on that particular table. In which stage exactly are you getting this error?. If you tell us your job flow, it would be easier to troubleshoot.
Thanks,
Naveen
Joshen
Participant

Post by Joshen »

TKS for replies.I used ABAP stage to extract from SAP R/3 and a sequential file stage.The job run OK on my dev ETL server,but failed on my own pc.Both are Windows OS.Will the configuration of PC such as MEMORY,CPU cause this?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Could be. Access violation means an attempt to get a memory address that you don't own. On your PC it could be a memory address that doesn't exist! Add another 2GB of RAM!
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Joshen
Participant

Post by Joshen »

ths,I will try.:)