Problem in Running Shell Script Though DataStage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Rubu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Problem in Running Shell Script Though DataStage

Post by Rubu »

Hi ,
I m using DataStage Server Edition 7, Informix 9.3 data base and HP-UX everest B.11.11.
I have recently Installed the DataStage in Unix. Both the DataBase and DataStage Server are in the same Unix Box.
When i am trying to run the Shell Script thru Unix Prmpt , it is running fine.
But when i am trying to Run the same Shell Script the JoB fails after running Few Steps of Shell Scripts.It throws error when its tries to log into Informix DataBase using Dbaccess command.
The same Script and JOBs in a different Unix Box is running fine.

Log is :

"iata
gref30_cr_dev_1@gref_srv
/appl/grefadm/grefadm3/gref3_sync/script/
/appl/grefadm/grefadm3/gref3_sync/script/update_table_serial.sh[32]: 13377 Killed
, SysRetCd=0

Item #: 2218
Event ID: 2217
Timestamp: 2005-09-06 21:41:09
Type: Info
User Name: grefadm3
Message: JOB_CMB_CD_UPDATE_TAB_SER..AfterJob (UpdateTableSerial): table_serial is UPDATED for ts_table_name=iata AND ts_key_type=P

Item #: 2219
Event ID: 2218
Timestamp: 2005-09-06 21:41:09
Type: Info
User Name: grefadm3
Message: JOB_CMB_CD_UPDATE_TAB_SER..AfterJob (UpdateTS): Comm::=sh /appl/grefadm/grefadm3/gref3_sync/script/update_table_serial.sh L 8 iata gref30_cr_dev_1@gref_srv /appl/grefadm/grefadm3/gref3_sync/script/
"

PLease let me know how to resolve.

Rubu
AGStafford
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by AGStafford »

Have you made sure all of your Unix environment variables ($PATH etc) are set correctly.
Many (Most) of the environment variables you take for granted in a command line are not setup when a Unix script is executed from DataStage.

Add a "set" command at the beginning of your script then run it from the command line and through DataStage at compare the results to see which ones are missing in DataStage.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Where's the error? You have posted two informational messages.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Rubu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Rubu »

HI ,

Ray : If u see the above Log u will find :

"/appl/grefadm/grefadm3/gref3_sync/script/update_table_serial.sh[32]: 13377 Killed
, SysRetCd=0
"

Secondly the Shell Script log information which i found is :

"/usr/lib/pa20_64/dld.sl: '/appl/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/java/jre/lib/PA_RISC/hotspot/libjvm.sl' is not a valid load mod
ule: Bad magic number"

Thirdly the difference in Enviroment Setting Between two Server :

Server 1(Where the Jobs and Shell Script were running Fine):

PATH=/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/informix_9.30SDK/bin:/opt/java1.3/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/contrib/bin/X11:/opt/aCC/bin:.

Server 2 (Where the Shel Script is failing thru DataStage ) :

PATH=/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/informix_csdk281/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/contrib/bin/X11:/opt/aCC/bin:.

Please let me know if missing of "/opt/java1.3/bin" path in Env setting is the reson.

Thanks
Rubu
battaliou
Participant

Re: Problem in Running Shell Script Though DataStage

Post by battaliou »

Have you specified which korn shell you're using at the start of your script? I had to set mine to:
#!/usr/bin/ksh
3NF: Every non-key attribute must provide a fact about the key, the whole key, and nothing but the key. So help me Codd.
Eric
Participant

Post by Eric »

I think you need to preload java in your shell script.
Look at your dsenv file for the entry LD_PRELOAD.
Try getting your shell script to add this environment variable before it calls and java components.