Note: Sequencer 'Sequencer_8' was entered, but never exited

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rsrikant
Participant

Note: Sequencer 'Sequencer_8' was entered, but never exited

Post by rsrikant »

Hi,

I have this sequencer which calls two sequencers and on successful completion of both it should trigger a server job.

Code: Select all

Seq1---------------> Sequencer Condition Activity -----------> Server Job

^
                                         - 
                                         -
Seq2-------------------------------------
Seq1 and Seq2 completes fine and reaches Sequencer Condition Activity where the Mode is set as 'ALL'. Now instead of running the last Server job in the sequence it gives me the following message in job log and sequence finishes.

JobControl (@Coordinator): Note: Sequencer 'Sequencer_8' was entered, but never exited

Did anyone face this earlier?

Actually i have almost 5 sequencers triggered at a time with in my main sequencer and this main sequencer has lot of Sequencer Condition Activities.
All 5 Sequencers are completing successfully. But once it reaches the Sequencer condition acitivity it gives the above message everywhere and the main sequencer finshes. The status shows that the main sequencer finished successfully but actually it never ran the jobs followed by the Sequencer Condition Activity.

Any inputs will be really useful.

Thanks,
Srikanth
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
Are you sure all trigger links are reaching this sequencer stage?
(trigger of OK will not get there if you had Warnings)

If all conditions were met try building a small test case.
If the test case works fine try deleting the sequencer stage and links and rebuild them.
If the test case behaves the same you can contact your support.

IHTH,
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
rsrikant
Participant

Post by rsrikant »

Hello Roy,

Thanks for the reply.
You are right. If i have a trigger of OK and if i had warnings in my previous activity then it is not going to get there.

But i had two triggers - one for Ok - (Conditional) and one for Warning - (Conditional).

In any case all my activities run with out warnings.

Secondly, if i split the sequencer into a smaller subset, i am able to get the desired results. In the sense all the activities in my sequence are getting triggered.

Just when i run the big guy i.e the main sequencer i land up in this problem where some of the activities are not triggered at all.

Is there any limitation that i can only have certain no. of activities in a sequencer?

My main sequencer has 5 sequencer activities and 4 Condition acitivities and 8 Job activities. Each of these 5 sequencers have around 10 job activities.

By the way is there anyway to copy a snapshot of my job into this post?

Thanks,
Srikanth
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

rsrikant wrote:By the way is there anyway to copy a snapshot of my job into this post?
Next to last post on the first page of the topic.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
rsrikant
Participant

Post by rsrikant »

Thanks Craig.

That's really cool.

Let me post my job snapshot here.

Guess it's working.

Can anyone help on my actual sequence problem. Hope the snapshot helps.
In the job all my activities seqdealdim, seqorderdim_main, seqorderlinedim_main, seqorderlineselldim_main and seqorderlinesellweekdim_main runs with out any warnings.

But the moment it reaches sequencer_5 where the mode is set to 'ALL' it doesn't do anything but writes the following messages in the job log

JobControl (@Coordinator): Note: Sequencer 'Sequencer_5' was entered, but never exited
JobControl (@Coordinator): Note: Sequencer 'Sequencer_8' was entered, but never exited
JobControl (@Coordinator): Note: Sequencer 'Sequencer_10' was entered, but never exited
JobControl (@Coordinator): Note: Sequencer 'Sequencer_12' was entered, but never exited
After that the sequence changes to finished state. It never ran the jobs followed by the Condition Activities.

Is there any limitation on the no. of jobs triggered at a time in the sequencer? Why i ask this is sometimes my sequencer fails saying timed out waiting to start a job.

SeqDealOrderDim_Main_test3..JobControl (@SeqDealDim): Controller problem: Error calling DSRunJob(SeqDealDim), code=-14
[Timed out while waiting for an event]
But the same sequencer sometimes run with out this problem.

I am stuck on how to proceed further. Please let me know if i am doing wrong.

Thanks in advance.
Srikanth
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Sequencer_5 is an "All" sequencer, yet all its inputs can never be true simultaneously. A job can not, at the same time, have three different exit status values.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rsrikant
Participant

Post by rsrikant »

Ahhhh.. So silly on my part.

Overlooked something very basic like that. :oops:

Reason is first time when i ran the sequencer i am getting warnings. So, i added that warning exit status as well. But didn't realize that both warning and Ok status can not happen at the same time.

Thanks Ray and Craig.

That's very quick.
Srikanth
rsrikant
Participant

Post by rsrikant »

Hi,

I am getting this error sometimes when i run this sequencer.

SeqDealOrderDim_Main_test3..JobControl (@SeqDealDim): Controller problem: Error calling DSRunJob(SeqDealDim), code=-14 
[Timed out while waiting for an event]
Is there a way to increase the time to wait for an event?
The error comes out so fast i mean with in seconds. The jobs never get triggered.

Sometimes the sequencer runs fine. Is it the datastage side problem or by any chance oracle side problem? Is there any limitation on the no. of jobs the sequencer can trigger at a time.

Thanks,
Srikanth
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This is unrelated to the original topic. Please begin a new thread.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.