invalid identifier

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chooi
Participant

invalid identifier

Post by chooi »

hi,
I run a job and it is aborted .It gives me the error message :" invalid identifier". Normally, it is because of either source or target table don't got such field. But I had checked and the field is existed in both source and target table ,and their data type,length also the same.
What else can cause this error occured?
Plz help.
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

It will be supported with more detailed message. Please provide more detail.
chooi
Participant

Post by chooi »

Now I want to run a job to transform sybase data to oracle data . I hit the error :" dmChmIBRGBDtl..Trans1: ORA-00904: "DINTACCRUEDNPAR": invalid identifier"

both of the tables contains same data set ,no any column is missed including the DINTACCRUEDNPAR , what else will cuase this happened?
garthmac
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by garthmac »

Do a search on the internet for the oracle error "ORA-00904". This should give you some clues as to the error you are getting.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Chooi,

you are using the column "DINTACCRUEDNPAR" in your job, but your table contains no such column. You need to check your metadata. Have you thought about re-importing the target table definition and loading that into your job?
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

ORA 904 is an 'invalid column name'.

Check whether you have used a ? or :n extra in the target insert / update. Or maybe an additional column mentioned that does not exist in the table / view.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Don't forget also to check any column name you might have typed (mis-typed) into a WHERE or other clause on the Selection tab. And also check that you have spelled the table name correctly (it, too, is an identifier).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chooi
Participant

Post by chooi »

Hi all,
now I had hit another similar problem.But this time is more funny,it say "SEQNO" : invalid identifier. I had check the source and target table , the SQL statement, transformer. But still come out this error. Can anyone help?Thanks.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Once again this looks like a SQL problem and you need to recheck your generated SQL statement. Is SEQNO a job parameter? Should it be #SEQNO#? Perhaps if you post your generated SQL on this thread we can debug it more quickly.
chooi
Participant

Post by chooi »

here is my previous question 's SQL statement :

INSERT INTO DMCHM_IB_RGB_DTL (LRECSEQNBR,LIBSEQNBR,NBENTYPE,STRDESGNCD,STRAGENTCD,DAMOUNT,DINTRATE,DTPERIODPROCESSTO,DTPERIODPROCESSFROM,DINTACCR,DTOTPREVBENAMOUNT,DCURRENTBALPAR,DCURRENTBALNPAR,DCURRENTBALLINK,DINTCURRENTPAR,DINTCURRENTNPAR,DINTCURRENTLINK,DPRVBALPAR,DPRVBALNPAR,DPRVBALLINK,DINTACCRUEDPAR,DINTACCRUEDLINK,DINTACCRUEDNPAR,PDS_UPDATED_DATE) VALUES (:1,:2,:3,:4,:5,:6,:7,TO_DATE(:8, 'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS'),TO_DATE(:9, 'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS'),:10,:11,:12,:13,:14,:15,:16,:17,:18,:19,:20,:21,:22,:23,TO_DATE(:24, 'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS'));
UPDATE DMCHM_IB_RGB_DTL SET LIBSEQNBR=:2,NBENTYPE=:3,STRDESGNCD=:4,STRAGENTCD=:5,DAMOUNT=:6,DINTRATE=:7,DTPERIODPROCESSTO=TO_DATE(:8, 'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS'),DTPERIODPROCESSFROM=TO_DATE(:9, 'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS'),DINTACCR=:10,DTOTPREVBENAMOUNT=:11,DCURRENTBALPAR=:12,DCURRENTBALNPAR=:13,DCURRENTBALLINK=:14,DINTCURRENTPAR=:15,DINTCURRENTNPAR=:16,DINTCURRENTLINK=:17,DPRVBALPAR=:18,DPRVBALNPAR=:19,DPRVBALLINK=:20,DINTACCRUEDPAR=:21,DINTACCRUEDLINK=:22,DINTACCRUEDNPAR=:23,PDS_UPDATED_DATE=TO_DATE(:24, 'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS') WHERE LRECSEQNBR=:1

plz help.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Since the word SEQNO does not appear anywhere in your SQL statement it may be appearing in one of your bound columns as a piece of text. You might have a transformer derivation that is setting your sequence number field to the word SEQNO instead of a numeric value.

Try doing a database trace while the job is running to capture the exact SQL statement.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You might also let us know where the error is being generated. Are you using Custom Sql in any of your stages? That kind of error generally comes from improperly formatted custom sql more than any generated sql like the 'Insert then Update' example you posted.

How about your source stage?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
chooi
Participant

Post by chooi »

Thanks u all. I already found out the error. It is because of the connection setting issue.