porting utilities

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

SREEPRABHA
Participant

porting utilities

Post by SREEPRABHA »

sir,
i am trying to import informatica mappings to datastage. in between while exporting from informatica to xml format i encounterd powrmart.dtd error due to which i couldnt get the xml page. i tried to open it in wordpad. how can i manuaaly convert the informatica xml format to datastage format.
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

This leads to a topic already discussed in this forum a few days ago.

The overall consent was that using 'MetaStage' tool you may be able to port the table defn.s and other structure meta-data but not the jobs and process metadata, which is more proprietary to the tool.
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

You cannot take an Powermart/center mapping and load it into DataStage. There is no conversion tool either.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
peternolan9
Participant

Re: porting utilities

Post by peternolan9 »

SREEPRABHA wrote:sir,
i am trying to import informatica mappings to datastage. in between while exporting from informatica to xml format i encounterd powrmart.dtd error due to which i couldnt get the xml page. i tried to open it in wordpad. how can i manuaaly convert the informatica xml format to datastage format.
Hi SREEPRABHA,
if you are trying to get an INFA job to run unde DS through some kind of automatic mapping it is very difficult to do and we haven't seen anyone interested in paying to build such a utility......today it is a re-write from scratch......
Best Regards
Peter Nolan
www.peternolan.com
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Even PeopleSoft were able to be convinced that it couldn't be automated. And they do have buckets of money they could have thrown at it.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.